Friday 14 October 2011

Totem project completed!

It was such a relief to bring the project to a close today, after a week of late nights working on the sculpture. I was worried I wouldn't get it finished quite on time as last night, at the last minute, many of my image transfers were unsuccessful. But I managed to pull it together in the studio today, in time to get it photographed with the help of a visiting professional studio photographer. I'm pleased with the results- I think this is the one piece of work I'm most proud of so far on this degree.
Unfortunately there was only time to photograph it from one angle, but it is designed be looked at all the way round, and some transfers can only be seen by looking through the 'windows' the gaps between the outside transfers left. 





Here are some more of my own close-up photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment