Wednesday 4 April 2012

A little bit stuck on my work for the Howkapow brief...

This holiday I have a daunting task ahead of me.

After speaking with Howkapow it's clear that my work has to be altered quite dramatically!
I feared this would be the case as my work isn't ideally suited to the more graphic work their site seems to favour. I got a little bit carried away at first.

As instructed in the brief, I based my design on Scandinavian folk tales, choosing to look at the story of Three Billy Goats Gruff. I was a little bit stuck on how to approach it at first, so I looked back on to an early exercise we did this year where we made inventive animal characters, when I made a 3D stoat and based drawings and a painting on it. I thought this might be appropriate for the brief, so I threw myself into making my goat over the weekend. Here's how he turned out:

No comments:

Post a Comment