Sunday 24 February 2013

Final Major Project

After discussing this with my tutor, I made the decision to base the main efforts of this project producing a book: my own take on the classic fairytale Little Red Riding Hood. In addition, I would like to take advantage of our current tutorials learning some animation techniques and create some animations to go with the book. I plan to make them using the same scenery and characters I will be using for the illustrations.
At the moment I am about to begin focusing on the scenery. 
But I began by creating my wolf. 
This is the first time I have constructed a 3D figure that allows some movement. Although it is quite limited, I think it would be suitable for the wolf if he were to carry himself like a human (a characteristic I have considered in order to allude to him representing a sexual predator towards Little Red Riding Hood). As I constructed the body, head, tail and limbs separately from each other, they can all move appropriately. Thanks to the wire which forms a 'skeleton' inside the body parts, I can bend and manipulate him to a certain degree. The challenge will be creating a human character to go with him, and scenery that he feels at home in!

No comments:

Post a Comment